Monday, November 25, 2013

Humans...

I love humans.

Hell...I am one myself, and it's actually ironic since...I'm autistic and all.

Going from speaking around 60 words in full sentences when I was 1 and the next year, having most of my social development seeming to just stop was quite an adjustment for my family.

But they pulled through (especially my parents...if there is a God, may he/she bless them.), and I (mostly) recovered my ability to communicate and socialize properly.

But the most interesting thing about it is that even though I didn't have any social skills most children would have, I very much wanted to be with them and interact with them.  Very little social inhibition.


I think as a result of being a socially open book I was exposed to, if you will, to the two kinds of people that live in our world...those that are positive, and those that are negative. 

Of course, people generally will vary between at times, but I got a good idea of that spectrum of human nature and even though I was called names or completely isolated and ostracized at times, I still carry a heavy passion for human and civil rights, as well as my affinity to want to be amongst my fellow members of the human race...which is why I write the posts I've recently been writing.



Even to this day, though I carry heavy concerns about humans.  What humans can do to the world sometimes is horrifying and ludicrous, not to mention I also carry resentment towards some of my peers...especially those I graduated with.

But I also see the overwhelming benevolence that humans can do.  People I look up too, my family and great people from history.  Inventors, philosophers, teachers, family members, musicians, activists, and artists.

...and I like to think the positive outweighs the bad, but other times I have no clue what way the scale tilts.  But that's what I hope to see happen...that the scale always leans positively.




"Be the change you want to see in the world"
                                                    -Mohandas "Mahatma" Ghandi






Thanks for reading (if you survived  :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment